Are you a company owner or manager looking to transfer one of your employees to another state? Then you’re in for quite an adventure. There is a significant task ahead of you – corporate relocation. Moving an employee is much different than moving home. It is a more complex and more detailed process. There are more things you need to think about and more tasks to tackle. If this is your first corporate relocation, you should make sure you do it right. For that reason, we at West Coast East Coast Movers have decided to put together the following quick guide to your job relocation.
Why You Should Think About Corporate Relocation
On paper, the employer has no obligation to help the employee move. However, most employers choose to do so, and you may be wondering why. After all, it is a significant expense for the company to help one of the employees move cross country. However, if you’re the one taking care of the relocation, your employee will be able to focus on their new job and get back to work sooner, which is ultimately what you want as an employer.
Finding the Right Moving Company
Now that you have decided that hiring a professional moving company to help you with your work relocation is the way to go, it is time to find the best one. Finding the right moving company is not as easy of a task as it may seem. The market is full of companies that claim to be the best in the business, but only a handful of those can actually offer what you need. The best course of action would be to determine a set of criteria according to which you will choose your movers. This could include:
- The services you need. If a company doesn’t offer corporate relocation services, it is unlikely they will be able to help you.
- The price. Figure out what your budget is and ask companies for price estimates. Rule out those that don’t fit your budget.
- The reviews and recommendations. If a moving company has poor reviews or if the people around your warn you against them, you should probably rule that company out.
- Availability. Some companies, especially the better known ones, are simply overbooked during certain periods. Unless your schedule is flexible, you should look for a company that can offer you favorable relocation dates.
Deciding on the Job Relocation Package
Depending on your budget and your employee’s needs, you will want to customize the job relocation plan offered by your chosen company. In other words, if your employee doesn’t own a car, you should opt out of auto transport services. The best way to decide which services you would like to receive is by talking to your employee. In general, the standard relocation package includes the following:
- Professional packing services. Professional packers will take care to protect your employee’s belongings during transport. This service includes unpacking as well.
- Transport. The moving company will transport all items from the pickup location to the delivery address.
- Car shipping services. If your employee owns a vehicle and doesn’t feel comfortable driving long distance, consider hiring car shipping services as well.
- Storage units. In case your employee’s new home isn’t move-in ready right away, they will need storage services to store all of their belongings.
Is the date of the corporate relocation approaching? Then it is crucial that you stay informed on the process itself. To make this easier, we have put together short FAQ about our corporate relocation services for you.
How much does corporate relocation cost?
Here at West Coast East Coast Movers, we don’t have a unified price for all our services. Instead, this amount depends on several different factors, namely the services you choose, the number of goods being transported, the distance of the relocation, and even the time of the year. Hint: Summer is our peak season for moving, so it would be a great idea to consider moving between October and April. If you would like to know how much our services cost, feel free to request a free moving estimate. To get an idea of corporate relocation costs, check out https://smallbusiness.chron.com/average-cost-corporate-relocation-15240.html.
How can I request a corporate moving estimate?
Requesting a price estimate is quite easy. Simply go to our website, where you will find a form to fill out. After you’ve done that, we will contact you shortly with your price quote. Of course, you can also give us a call, and one of our customer service representatives will be more than happy to calculate the estimate for you.
What other services do West Coast-East Coast Movers offer?
Aside from corporate moving services, we offer an array of other moving plans designed to help you move from and to anywhere in the country. If you are moving home, you can count on us to make it happen. We also offer high-quality, reliable car shipping services in open and enclosed carriers. Our professional packers will pack up all your belongings if you choose so, and we will even provide all the necessary moving and packing supplies. Of course, none of these are obligatory, and you are free to opt out of any service you don’t need.
Are you ready for this job relocation (https://www.forbes.com/sites/jacquelynsmith/2013/11/20/8-tips-for-a-successful-job-relocation/#436ec1402930) to happen? Then give West Coast East Coast Movers a call today! One of our customer service representatives will be more than happy to answer all your questions and provide you with any additional information you may need. In addition to that, they will also provide you with a free moving price estimate, so that you can plan your budget in advance. What are you waiting for? Give us a call today to schedule the best available moving date. We are looking forward to working with you.