Keto diet is a very ancient way to lose weight. Now a day it has become popular worldwide. Keto diet means you have to take a high-fat diet with adequate protein and very little carbohydrates. In this pan, you fat ration must be 80% percent of your total diet. This diet also helps to improve your overall health. The main advantage of the keto diet is that it reduces the intake of carbohydrates and replaces it with fat.
How Ketogenic Diet Works
In this diet, your body goes into ketosis. Ketosis is a metabolic state in which your carbohydrates are converted in fats for more energy production. Normally the body needs carbohydrates for energy. But if we limit the amount of carbohydrates body will automatically lead to fats for energy, the body starts the breakdown of stored fats and create the molecules name as Ketones. Fats provide more energy than carbohydrates because one gram of fats give us about 9Kcal of energy which is more than double as compare to carbohydrates.
Pros Of Keto Diet
- Ketogenic diet also reduces the level blood pressure and blood pressure, according to DietDoctor.
- The ketogenic diet has proven best against many diseases like cancer, epilepsy and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Keto diet suppresses your hunger. It will give you a feeling of fullness and remove hunger pangs.
- Keto diet also improves the level of HDL, which is good fat and lower down the level of LDL which is considered as bad cholesterol.
- It improves the level of serotonin in the body. Keto diet also reduces the fluctuations in insulin levels.
- Keto diet is also considered beneficial in improving the cognitive functions of the brain; it also decreases the level of stress and anxiety from the body.
- Keto diet neutralizes the functioning of enzymes that causes hunger.
- More pros can be seen at https://www.nm.org/healthbeat/healthy-tips/nutrition/pros-and-cons-of-ketogenic-diet.
Cons Of Keto Diet
Although the keto diet is effective for weight reduction it requires proper time, stamina and restrictions.
- You need more planning in choosing food. You have to be self-disciplined while attending functions like birthday parties.
- If you are a smoker or drinker you have to limit your self.
- The ketogenic diet is not as easy as you think. It needs proper timing and full determination.
Versions Of Keto Diet
There are many versions of the keto diet some of them are the following:
Standard Ketogenic Diet
A standard ketogenic diet Reviews means you have to consume a much portion of fat from the diet, protein should be in a moderate amount and the percentage of carbohydrates must be very low. It normally contains:
Source : https://newsletterforhealth.com/keto-pure/
- 75% of fats
- 20% of Proteins
- 5% Carbohydrates
Cyclic Ketogenic Diet
It is also known as CKD. In this diet, you can add carbohydrates in your diet. You have to intake 5 days keto diet and 2 dads on high carb days.
Targeted Ketogenic Diet
This version of the keto diet allows you to take carbohydrates during your workout. During the workout, the body needs more energy so carbohydrates are a quick source of energy. It will easily absorb in the bloodstream for energy production as compared to fats and protein.
High Protein Ketogenic Diet
High protein diet is the same as a ketogenic diet but in this category, you have to take more ratio of protein like;
- 60% of Fats
- 35% of Proteins
- 5% Carbohydrates