If you remember well, when you were a little child, you were scared of the monsters hiding under your bed. As an adult, you’re not far from being afraid, only that monsters aren’t scary anymore, but mold is everywhere, threatening your family’s health. Mold can grow in many properties, and without notice, it can infiltrate walls, behind tiles, ceilings, and other corners of the house. While it’s unlikely it will turn into a spiritual beast, it can devastate your home and health.
Mold can be unimaginably risky to your health, especially if it reaches the “age” where it turns black. If this is your case, it’s already too late to remove it with distilled white vinegar – you need a professional mold remover. However, it’s essential to recognize the first signs of mold and take cautionary measures to prevent considerable damage to your home.
What is Mold?
What is mold, you may wonder? Mold is an organism formed of multicellular fungal strands. It’s capable of causing biodegradation of materials which results in property damage. It’s no surprise that mold flourishes in watery spaces. The presence of the tiniest leak can attract mold and spread quickly as its bacteria can be easily carried by airflow. This results in contaminated areas, often affecting clothes and furniture, but most importantly, it can put your health at risk.
Hidden Mold in Your Home – Does it Needs Immediate Testing?
The process of hidden mold in your home takes longer than you could imagine before it’s installed in the walls, ceiling, floor, and other places you cannot see. It’s important to avoid further danger, so please consider hiring a professional mold remover. If you notice any signs of mold in your home because of water damage or other causes, you may need immediate testing. Persistent mold is the first signal of hidden mold growth. It cannot go unnoticed or be ignored – remember that early detection can prevent huge troubles.
If you discover the source of moisture, you can fix the problem in time. The area must be completely dried out first, and then start the mold removal process. However, if you don’t succeed in doing it yourself, an Atlanta mold removal expert might deal with it better. Make sure they remove all the mold amounts, as they’ll not die, and eventually, they will reactivate whenever unfavorable conditions occur. A musty smell can also be dangerous for human health. No matter your efforts, the problem may persist and harm your health.
Mold Growth in New Homes
Mold can be found everywhere, even in newly-build homes. Sometimes, materials are left in the rain during the construction, so moisture settles inside them, causing mold growth. The lack of interest of workers may lead to such inconveniences. So, make sure you hire the right construction company to build your new home.
Too many times, the foundation of a home is still wet when the basement is installed. The water inside will infiltrate into walls, creating more mold over time. Here are some signs you may deal with mold in your new home:
- Spongy walls
- Peeling and cracking paint
- Musty smell
- Discoloration of the walls or ceiling
Some people report health issues, allergies, and even asthma when dealing with mold. They might also experience headaches, respiratory problems, trouble breathing, etc. These are clear indicators that mold is installed on your walls.
What Should You Do if You Have Mold in Your Home?
If you have mold in your home, you need to find a way to get rid of it. Nobody wants to live in the company of mold. Consider removing it with no second thoughts, or it will spread even more. Contact a mold removal expert to determine the cause of it. Once you have the results, make sure you file a claim with the insurance company. In some cases, they’ll cover the cost of mold removal. For this, you need to hire a reputable lawyer.
Preventing Mold in Your Home
The best way to prevent mold in your home is through ventilation or airflow. As such:
- Open windows frequently to allow moisture to outflow
- Leave fans run for at least 1 hour afterward
- Check the basement and each space where mold set in the past weeks
- Use a dehumidifier if your basement smells dusty
- Call a mold removal company for an inspection
Mold spreads too fast and quickly in homes. Until the source of mold growth is found and eliminated, mold will thrive and devastate your living space. Because it’s invisible to the naked eye, bacteria are carried in the air, affecting the building materials of your home, as well as damaging to your health. Before you notice, your home will be contaminated with mold, getting worse day by day. As a result, a mold removal is an option, although it’s a tedious and complex process, so it’s best to be done by an expert.
Mold Removal – DIY?
The DIY mold removal process can be very efficient if done correctly. First, you need to identify the signs of mold growth and manage to prevent its progress. Use a fungicide to remove mold, but make sure you also eliminate the source of mold in the first place. But remember: DIY mold removal can often be incomplete or a temporary solution. Household cleaners only hide mold problems. Disinfectants and cleaning products aren’t strong enough to remove mold. Also, they’re not efficient in cleaning contaminated materials, so it’s just a matter of time until mold appears again.
Most people choose to add a fresh coat of paint on top of the mold. But this isn’t a solution; it will just cover it for a while. Whatever your choices, don’t forget to wear protective equipment, kike gloves, a respiratory mask, and safety glasses. It’s essential to protect yourself from the battle with harmful chemicals that enter your home.
In other cases, please don’t hesitate to contact a professional mold remover – you will be pleased with their services and competency.