Wax is found in different varieties, and each one has a unique quality. When it melts, either it leaves behind a pleasant fragrance or melts in beautiful colour. Wax is extracted from different kinds of plants, animals, and various other sources. It is good to use candle wax made from natural sources to remain environmentally friendly.
Many candle users make their candles through the DIY method. It is adventurous, and with the help of their kids, they make it fun. However, handing a double boiler can be risky, especially when kids and pets are around. With the help of organic retailers, you can get the best candle in different and attractive shapes and sizes at an affordable price.
Aussie Candle Supplies provide soy-specific candle supplies in Australia. They want to eliminate paraffin wax and use a healthier alternative that is safe for kids, adults, and the environment. Since 2005 they have been supplying an extensive range of glassware, dyes, fragrances, waxes, wicks, body care products, essential oils, equipment, and advice.
How to Choose a Candle Wax?
Choosing the right candle can be difficult when you don’t know much about them. The wicks, wax quality, containers all play an essential role. Here is a complete guide that can help you understand how a candle wax is chosen –
Forms of candles
It is essential to know what kind of candle you’re looking for –
- Pillar candles commonly used candles that stand on their which are made from paraffin, palm wax, and beeswax.
- Container candles are inside a jar made of any material made from soy wax, palm wax, beeswax, paraffin, soy-paraffin blend.
- Votive candles are around 2.5 inches long that sit in small containers, which can be made from soft wax-like soy and palm or soy-paraffin mixture.
- Tea light candles are 1.5 inches in diameter and three-quarters in height which are placed in cylindrical containers. They can be made from soy, palm, beeswax, paraffin, and soy-paraffin mixture.
- Paraffin and natural wax with particular essential oil can be melted and poured into tarts to make tart candles.
- Gel candles are soft candles that look like gelatine candles. They are made from mineral oil-based candles.
Types of Wax
There are various types of wax available in the market. When you know the kind of wax you need, it is easy to select the candle –
- Paraffin wax is commonly used in candles which is inexpensive and is used to make any form of a candle.
- Soy wax is pure natural wax prepared from hydrogenated soybean oil. They are natural ingredients that have a different fragrance compared to paraffin wax.
- Palm Wax is another natural wax prepared from hydrogenating palm oils. They help in creating a unique texture for candles.
- Beeswax is the best natural candles wax available in the market. This is because they are produced by bees, which another by-product of the honey-making process.
- Gel Wax is a mixture of resin and mineral oil, so it’s not a wax. Instead, it looks like gelatine and has a unique aroma and different colours that give it an attractive look.
Each kind of wax has different properties, and it makes them unique. So next time when you order candles, you know what to look for.