Over the years, the massage gun has grown in popularity as a recovery tool. Today, doctors, trainers, athletes, and fitness enthusiasts use massage guns for various different needs, including the recovery of sore muscles. Although the massage gun looks like a power tool, it is designed to give your muscles a new lease of life by breaking up muscle tension, enhancing blood flow, which results in improved range of motion, and decreased muscle soreness. All these lead to a better and speedy recovery.
How Do Massage Guns Work?
A massage gun works by sending vibrating pulses through the body’s muscles. According to the latest research, vibration therapy helps reduce delayed onset muscle soreness. Besides dealing with pain, vibration therapy also decreases the levels of lactic acid in your body after a workout.
In a nutshell, a massage gun is used to ease tight muscles and increase circulation. The gun is most beneficial when used immediately before a workout. Whether you use massage guns before or post-workout, you will certainly benefit from improved circulation and decreased soreness. Below are some more benefits of using a massage gun.
Benefits of Massage Guns
Many benefits come with using massage guns. Besides enhanced sports performance and speedy recovery, here are more benefits:
- Massage guns help you relieve stress and relax. Through percussive therapy, the body releases tension and fluid in muscles, which increases tissue metabolism.
- Increases blood circulation, hence allowing more oxygen and nutrients to get deep into the muscles.
- Promotes atrophied muscle healing. The vibrations awaken weathered muscles, and this allows fast recovery.
- Percussive therapy helps in releasing lactic acid buildup.
- Improves mobility by stimulating nerve receptors
- It massages collagen fibers breaking up scar tissues, and this alleviates pain and relieves constriction.
A massage gun enhances the range of motion by ensuring you have flexible joints. It also reduces the risk of sprains and strains.
With a massage gun, you can be sure to improve your general wellness.
What to Know When Buying a Massage Gun
When shopping for a massage gun, you should keep in mind that these guns come in all sizes, shapes, and prices. Whether you want a gun for a specific muscle, or a group of muscles, you will find a wide range of massage guns for sale that will cater for your needs.
If you are shopping for a home-use massage gun, expect to spend between $100 to $500. Before you settle for a specific gun, be sure to consider the following aspects:
- Speed – Look for a gun that comes with multiple speeds for versatility.
- Weight – Since massage guns are handheld, consider the weight. Consider a gun that weighs 2 to 4 pounds.
- Noise – Some guns are quiet, while others are quite noisy. If you want a relaxing environment with no unnecessary noise, look for a gun that comes with a brushless motor.
- Battery – Some guns come with a battery that can last for hours, while others drain much faster. Look for a gun that can last at least two hours of continuous massage. Also, avoid massagers with an irreplaceable battery because once the battery is dead, the only option is to buy a new massage gun.
When shopping for your massage gun, be careful and only shop from a reputable store to ensure you are getting a quality massage gun. In Australia, we would recommend the massage gun from massage gun Australia.