Upholstered furniture is a kind of furniture composed of soft materials and surface materials. The common internal software is mostly filled with springs, sponges, silk floss, and space memory cotton, and the surface materials are leather, cloth, plastic, etc. Because the surface of such furniture is comfortable when in contact with the human body, it can reduce the pain caused by excessive concentration of body pressure during use, so it is often used to make sofas, leisure chairs, or bedding for people to rest. For example, upholstered dining chairs, upholstered chairs, and upholstered dining room chairs. With its inherent soft texture, upholstered furniture can easily adjust the sitting posture of the human body so that people can get better rest quality.
What are the characteristics of upholstered furniture?
Soft furniture is mainly used for home decoration, with a relatively high unit value and relatively long service life. The production and sales of upholstered furniture will be affected by such factors as the level of national economic development, changes in the disposable income of residents, the prosperity of the real estate industry, and changes in consumption habits. For example, upholstered dining chairs with arms, upholstered swivel chairs, and upholstered counter height chairs. In general, the periodicity of the upholstered furniture industry is consistent with the overall development cycle of the national economy.
2. Comfort and environmental protection
Soft furniture is soft and elastic, with rich surface decoration colors, rich fabrics, various changes, convenient replacement, and comfortable sitting. It is especially suitable for making seat and bedroom furniture and essential interior furnishings for modern living rooms and bedrooms. Inexpensive upholstered furniture can reduce users’ fatigue at work and get sufficient rest. Because upholstered furniture uses various covering materials and cushion materials, it gives people a comfortable, soft, gorgeous, and beautiful feeling. Among them, the spiral spring furniture with fine artistry is the best. It is comfortable to use, has good air permeability, and has no pollution. It is an item of environment-friendly furniture. For example, upholstered account chairs and upholstered kitchen and upholstered office chairs.
How to clean the upholstered chair?
Vacuum cushion chair
1. Remove sundries before vacuuming. Before cleaning your fingers with the vacuum cleaner, use your fingers to remove large debris from the upholstered chair. Also, check their slots to see if foreign objects that may be blocking are found. Finally, use a brush to remove dust or loose dirt before vacuuming.
2. Use a nozzle for decoration. If your vacuum cleaner has this type of nozzle, use it. Another option is to use a vacuum or brush nozzle. You can also use a hand-held vacuum cleaner.
3. Breathe in briefly from left to right. Do short overlapping movements. Start from the top of the chair and walk down. This technology will help to separate the soil, especially for fabrics with short thread surfaces, such as velvet and corduroy.
Use a vacuum cleaner to clean the grooves (if removable) around and under the mat.
Set low power suction for fine fabrics such as silk or linen
Remove the stain on the upholstered chair.
1. Clean up the leakage immediately. Immediately locally clean the spillage falling on the upholstered chair to prevent it from settling and becoming stains. Use a soft cloth to absorb liquid and contact. Do not wipe or wipe the cloth on the liquid. Absorbing it to the touch will reduce the chance of soiling and prevent its spread.
Use furniture polish to remove spills from leather or vinyl chairs.
If you want to clean valuable heritage or chairs, please consult a professional.
2. Select the correct cleaning method for the upholstered chair. Check the label of the upholstered chair to see what is recommended for cleaning. Learn about the codes you can find on upholstered chairs. The codes “W” and “WS” indicate that you must clean it with water or a water-based solution. “S” means using an anhydrous detergent as a dry cleaning solvent. On the other hand, “X” means that it needs professional cleaning, although you can vacuum and brush.
Please consult a professional if you have chairs without labels, such as antiques.
3. Use mild dishwashing liquid to make a cleaning solution. If you can clean the fabric of the upholstered chair with water or a water-based solution, please prepare your cleaning products. Mix 60 ml (1/4 cup) of the mild dishwasher and 240 ml (1 cup) of hot water. Stir the detergent and water until foam forms. Apply the mixture to spots or spills. Remember to absorb the remaining residue.
Do not wipe stains or spills on the mixture of detergent and water, as this may contaminate the interior.
4. Use hydrogen peroxide. Clean stains and spills with 3% hydrogen peroxide. Apply it with a soft cloth. If this product version is unavailable, please dilute 1 portion of 35% hydrogen peroxide suitable for food with 11 portions of water to reach 3%.
To dilute 35% hydrogen peroxide, mix 20 mL (1 and 1/4 tablespoons) of this ingredient with 220 mL (2 and 3/4 tablespoons) of water to obtain 240 mL (1 cup) of 3% hydrogen peroxide.
Before use, test the decorated area with hydrogen peroxide. Try where you can’t see, such as at the bottom of a cushioned chair.
5. Apply vinegar to the stain. Apply some white vinegar directly to the area with a soft cloth. You can dilute the vinegar with equal water to obtain a softer cleaning product. Let the vinegar soak in the area for about 15 minutes, then dry it by absorption.
Before using vinegar, try it in an area.
6. Dry. Whenever the interior decoration gets wet, please dry it before sitting. When the upholstered chair is dry, keep everyone from sitting on the upholstered chair. To speed up the process and ensure that it is completely dry, separate the mats during the process.
When cleaning any liquid, keep the undecorated part of the upholstered chair dry. This prevents rust, corrosion, or deformation of metal or wood parts.
Clean the steam interior
1. Make sure that the steam will not damage the upholstery of the upholstered chair. Check the label to ensure that the steam does not shrink or otherwise damage the fabric. If the code cleaning specification says you cannot clean it with water or an aqueous solution, do not steam clean. If unsure, consult a furniture cleaning specialist.
2. Use a steam cleaner. Wipe the upholstered chair in a certain way with a steam cleaner to cover the entire surface. Stay longer in heavily contaminated areas. Use brushes or microfiber cloth accessories in areas that are difficult to clean. Use a brush to remove the dirt from the steam.
You can rent steam cleaners at most hardware stores.
3. Clean with iron steam. Clean the small area with a steam iron. Fill it with water and set it to the temperature most appropriate for the fabric to be cleaned. For example, use a low-temperature setting for fine fabrics made of synthetic materials or silk and a high-temperature setting for cotton. Place the iron on the area and press the steam button. Clean the residue of the steam release with a brush.
How to choose soft furniture?
1. When choosing upholstered furniture, pay special attention to the materials used for the frame, cushion, and fabric. If the leather sofa is full leather, half leather, or thick leather sofa, it must be indicated in the contract to prevent the salesperson from passing the half-leather sofa off as a full leather sofa. The sponge used in the soft sofa cushion should pay attention to the use standard. The higher the density, the better. In addition, the sponge’s resilience is better; the fabric’s strength is better. You should not draw a high-strength cloth surface; the leather surface will not be loose. For example, upholstered dining chairs set of 4, high back upholstered dining chairs, and upholstered rocking chairs
2. Pay attention to the strength of the spring, the filling material, and the fabric when purchasing the mattress. The spring strength depends on the steel grade used for the steel wire. The higher the steel grade, the better. The better material is manganese steel; The filling materials are cotton felt (or chemical fiber felt) and brown sheet. The permeability of cotton felt is good, and the strength of chemical fiber felt is good; The fabric with anti-mite treatment is better.
3. Pay attention to the firmness of the furniture structure. For example, when purchasing the sofa, you can use your hands to move the diagonal parts inwards. If there is a shaking or creaking sound, it indicates that the structure is not firm.
4. Check whether the internal structural materials of the sofa or bed (cushion) are moldy or moth-eaten; Observe whether the furniture padding meets the requirements of the number of layers and hygiene indicators specified in the industry standards.
5. The ordering contract must indicate the material (full leather, half leather), sample color number, and other contents, and pay attention to whether you can wash the sofa cover and bed cover fabric or dry clean so that there is evidence in case of a dispute. Pay attention to whether seams and nails leak at the joints of fabrics. Some fabrics for upholstered chair covers easily shrink and deform after washing.
How to maintain the upholstered chairs?
1. The upholstered furniture should be placed far away from the heat sink and protected from direct sunlight to avoid aging the upholstered furniture.
2. If the upholstered chairs are stained, you can use a clean rag to wipe them with water. To avoid leaving a mark, you can wipe it from the surface of the stain. You shall not stain velvet furniture with water or use a dry cleaning agent.
3. For example, after a period of use (about three months), the upholstered chair will be turned over or used in a reverse direction to make them wear evenly distributed to improve the service life of the mattress.
4. Clean the sofa with detergent at least once a year, but you must wash it thoroughly afterward. Otherwise, you are more likely to catch dirt, so choosing a special detergent containing an anti-fouling agent is better.
5. Cloth covers and linings of upholstered furniture shall be cleaned by dry cleaning, not by water washing, and bleaching is prohibited.
6. If the thread ends of upholstered chairs are loose, do not break them by hand. Use scissors to cut them neatly.
7. When ironing the sofa jacket, you should note that some elastic jackets are easy to dry without ironing. Even if you want to iron, you should also consider the appearance of the cloth. Therefore, the inner side of the ironing jacket is more appropriate, while the cotton jacket is not suitable for ironing.
8. The upholstered chairs shall be vacuumed at least once a week, especially the dust between fabrics.