Getting traffic to your website is a tricky game. After reading tens, or even hundreds of articles about getting organic quality traffic to your website, you know all the ins and outs of it, but just knowing tips and tricks isn’t going to be enough. To get a steady flow of traffic on your website, you need to see the picture from a visitor’s perspective. Let’s break it down.
What Attracts Visitors to Your Website?
- Numero Uno, the content. Just churning out high quality content doesn’t end your quest, you need to write what people are looking for. Moreover, there’s always going to be a plethora of content for the exact same thing. Your content should be able to rise up amongst that collection in terms of relevancy and added value. Market research is necessary. Know your competitors and what they provide. Up your game with more in depth content. You will automatically attract a dedicated audience.
- Secondly, your amazing content or the value you are providing won’t stand a chance if not presented nicely. Your website should be aesthetically pleasing. Of course, visitors come for the content and will stay if they like it, regardless of the look of your website. However, it won’t be long until someone takes the exact same content and presents it better. The look and user experience of your website does matter a lot for attracting and keeping the traffic that you get. It just requires a little more effort. There are numerous ways to make your website look more attractive. Put in that effort and you’ll ensure an increase in returning visitors.
- Alright, so you got both these things covered, now what? We all know people aren’t going to raid your website out of nowhere. You’ll have to reach out to potential visitors before you start getting traffic passively from organic search results. Here comes the tips and tricks that we mentioned in the beginning. The things you might already know or might not know. Either way, you’ll need a fresh run through these pointers. Let’s take a look at some of the best ways to attract more online visitors for your website.
Build Your Online Presence
Building your online presence plays a vital role in attracting more visitors and building a large audience base. Your website’s presence on social media, video platforms, content aggregation sites, etc. is what helps you reach out to more people who might be interested in your website. This requires at least half the amount time you dedicate to your website. Post relevant content regularly on various platforms and link back to your websites. Post informative, quirky, smart content on social media, post interesting videos on video platforms, post infographics on image sharing platforms and content aggregation sites. Understand what kind of posts and what type of content works best on each platform and post accordingly. Use hashtags, keywords, etc. to optimize the content you post, allowing it to reach as many people as possible who might be interested in your niche. Link back to your website on every platform. Realistically, not everyone who likes and engages with your content will visit your website, but a large part of that audience will surely do. Once they visit your site, most of them will likely become returning visitors on a permanent basis. This doesn’t happen overnight, but you definitely want a long term traffic. Building a good online presence lays out the base to as much as half of your potential website traffic.
There are different types in paid traffic, first one being display ads. Display ads can be used to reach out to people who consume content related to your website. A good design and optimized size making the ad stand out and appeal to the viewers will increase your website traffic a lot. After display ads comes pay per click advertising, or PPC. These ads are also targeted according towards users that might visit your website, and you pay only when someone clicks on the ad. This ensures that your paid traffic is genuine and you don’t have to spend unnecessary money. Another great way to advertise is using search engine advertising. In this type of ads, you select keywords and search queries that are closely related to your website and its content. When someone performs a search using those terms, your website ad shows up at top of all the search results. This means, you get the exact visitors that you want. This is one of the most accurate ways of getting valuable visitors to your site.
Apart from these, retargeting is also very effective to bring returning visitors. Retargeting means, showing your website ads to people who already visited your website. Since they already saw your site once, most of them will likely be interested. The ads will remind them of your site and if it is of value, they will definitely remember it for long terms and become returning visitors. These are some of the most used and proven ways of bringing in paid traffic. A good mix of all will get you covered.
Optimizing Your Website for Search Engines
Search engine optimization or SEO is one of the most effective ways to get organic traffic and it is a long terms solution. It takes time, but with proper optimization, you can expect to see a considerably large amount of steady traffic over time. Here are some pointers for website SEO.
- Use relevant keywords on your pages.
- Use keywords in titles, headings, etc.
- Register your website in site directories.
- Start building backlinks by guest blogging, answering on QandA sites, etc. and linking your website there.
- Make sure your site is indexed in search engine directories.
- Make sure your site is secure. Use SSL certificate. Secure sites will always have higher rankings than those which aren’t.
These are some of the best and most effective ways to bring traffic to your website. To add a little more to it, you can answer questions and provide solutions related to your niche on forums and Q and A sites and link back your website there. Using all of these methods properly will help you build an ecosystem for your website that, over time, will bring steady organic traffic.