Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, different countries have implemented different safety protocols and regulations to protect their people, and prevent the spread of the disease. Since travellers (when affected) can spread disease, there are certain restrictions regarding their entry.
Some countries are allowing both vaccinated and non-vaccinated travellers in, but some countries admission criteria differs for both kind of travellers. On the other hand, there are some countries that allow only vaccinated travellers to enter…
Travel Barriers Due to Covid-19
The travel industry was one of the most severely affected industries during the Covid-19 pandemic. Many countries have now reduced their restrictions, but some travel concerns remain where travellers are cancelling their plans for the following reasons…
- Government restrictions: Some countries do not allow travellers from all parts of the world, even if the travellers are vaccinated. They mostly restrict the entry of travellers who are from one of the most affected areas.
- Quarantine: Another travel barrier is quarantine. Some people do not like staying in a restricted area for a certain period, particularly if they are already vaccinated.
- Covid-19 testing: Expenses and hassle related to Covid-19 testing is another reason why some people have postponed their plans for the time being.
- Violation of safety rules: Some people do not want to travel because they think that fellow travellers do not follow safety rules and regulations, such as mask wearing.
- Health concerns: Some people have postponed their travelling plans because they are concerned about their health, and want Covid-19 conditions to get better to resume travelling.
- Cleanliness concerns: Another travel barrier is the cleanliness concern of travellers. Some people do not trust the cleanliness of the accommodation that they will be staying at.
Countries that are Open to Vaccinated Tourists
Many countries ask travellers to take a coronavirus test before they leave, and sometimes when they arrive. However, some countries do not impose such restrictions on vaccinated travellers. Here is a list of countries where vaccinated travellers can enter without going through a self-isolation period, or undergo a coronavirus test to gain entry.
- Europe: Austria, Denmark, Bulgaria, Finland, Germany, France, Italy, Greece, Latvia, Hungary, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, Switzerland, and Ukraine.
- Asia: Armenia, Lebanon, Turkey, Jordan, and Georgia.
- America: Mexico, Panama, Guatemala, Costa Rica, El Salvador, and Honduras.
Covid-19 restrictions keep changing every day, so make sure you check before travelling to see what restrictions, if any, apply to you.
Tips for Travelling Safely During Covid-19
- Wear a face mask: It is important to wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth to avoid exposure to the virus. Travellers generally do not have to wear a mask when they are in outdoor areas.
- Avoid crowded areas: You should try your best to avoid crowded areas. If possible, stay at least 6 feet away from people around you.
- Know the Covid-19 restrictions: If you have chosen your destination, you should learn their Covid-19 restrictions to avoid getting into trouble and keeping yourself safe. Google is the best place to get authentic information from official websites, but you can also check out EntryAdvise.com, which is also a reliable source for the latest entry requirements.