If you are a Jacksonville homeowner, and you’re thinking about putting your house up for sale this summer, you have come to the right place. Spring is the most common time of year for homeowners to put their home on the market, and there is a rule of thumb that exists that homes listed for sale during the summer tend to sell for less. This is why selling your Jacksonville home in the summer season can be a little difficult.
Why is this? There are two main reasons..
- People tend to go on vacation during the summer
- Kids are usually back at home from college or university
While the summer is not the optimal time to sell your home, many of us will not be able to wait until fall to list their property for sale. For example, you might have got an offer of employment in a different city and you need to move quickly. Who knows what family issues are also at play?
So, without further ado, here are some tips on how to successfully list and sell your Jacksonville home this summer:
- Check the AC: It is vitally important that your air conditioning is working properly. There is nothing worse as a buyer when you walk into a property and it is too hot and stuffy. If your home is cool and is at a comfortable temperature, potential buyers will not be put off and will have a great first impression.
- Serve Refreshments: We would recommend having a nice ice cool pitcher of iced tea or lemonade ready for all people who come to visit your home. Even a little note by the glasses to say welcome goes a long way to making people feel comfortable in your home.
- Complete a Deep Clean: Taking the time to do a deep clean of your property is time well spent, which is backed up in this article here. If you create a spotless environment, it will make the property seem more attractive. This is by far the least expensive improvement you can make to your home to generate interest. You may wish to consider hiring a professional to carry out the deep clean on your behalf, or you can elect to do it yourself if you are working under a strict budget.
- Tend to the Garden: Summer is a time when the grass grows at an astonishing rate. Sometimes viewings are spread over many months, so you need to make sure the lawn is looking as good as it can be. If buyers see overgrown grass, this will create a negative image of the garden. You may even wish to try mowing the lawn in a diagonal form to make it look more attractive.
- Enhance the Curb Appeal: This can be little inexpensive additions to make your property stand out from the crowd. It could be as simple as planting new flowers, scattering mulch, and cleaning the path of your property to give your home that added appeal.
- Make the Property as Light as Possible: For those of you who have heavy drapes installed in your home, we would recommend that you take them down! Not only do they make rooms look a lot smaller than they actually are, it also makes the rooms appear darker. Pull window blinds to the top and tape the strings underneath. We would also recommend that you keep blinds open to ensure as much light enters the room as possible. Unless of course, there is something you want to keep hidden such as trash cans that are placed outside the window.
- Take the Time to Decorate with Summer Accents: If you have the time, simply take a good look around your home for color inspiration. We would recommend that you make use of bright blue décor items to give a welcoming and calming effect. We would also recommend that you remove dark-colored pillows and replace them with summer hues. This can really freshen the look of a room.
- Take Out Personal Items: De-personalizing your home is a great way to make the buyer feel like your home can be their home. If there are too many personal items dotted about, the buyer will feel that they are stepping into your home and they won’t be able to picture themselves living there. A lot of sellers will overlook this idea and it will end up driving away potential buyers.
- Paint Each Room: Even if all your walls are white, giving your property a fresh coat of paint will go a long way to making your home look fresh and exciting. All you need is a free weekend and a few paintbrushes, and this will increase your home’s curb appeal. You may also want to paint the front door, and even the trim work around the door.
- Give Your Home a Summer Look: When people think of summer interiors, they will likely think of red and white checked tablecloths. Some foodstuff ssuch as potato salad and hot dogs in the kitchen also create a nice vibe.
- More tips can be found at https://realestate.usnews.com/real-estate/slideshows/10-secrets-to-selling-your-home-faster.
We believe that if you follow these tips, you will maximize the chances of landing a great sale in the summer season. There is a better and albeit faster way to sell your home by selling to Jax Cash Buyers. If you decide to do this, you can close a sale in a matter of days.
The services offered by Jax Cash Buyers include buying and selling property within and indeed around the Jacksonville area. So, if you are a homeowner who is looking to sell their property in Jacksonville and you are looking for a quick sale this summer, make sure you get in contact with them. They will make a great cash offer for your home and the transaction can close in double quick time.
So, what are you waiting for? Reach out to Jax Cash Buyers
with details of your property and sell your house fast in Jacksonville .