A river cruise is a relaxing, immersive, and utterly enjoyable voyage along an inland waterway. The activity enables people to watch the ever-changing scenery and aesthetics along riverbanks and experience the world’s beauty in an unbeknownst way. In recent years, the interest in river cruising has elevated considerably, owing to its unwinding appeal. Moreover, planning a river cruise does not take long, so busy people can quickly decide. There are several top-notch river cruises in the world that are renowned for their ethereal appeal. In case your travel itinerary includes river cruising, then we have the perfect list for you. So, without further ado, let us look at the top seven river cruises in the world.
TOP SEVEN BEST RIVER CRUISES IN THE WORLD
- The father of African rivers and also the longest river in the world, the Nile is a river that reverberates sentiments of grandeur, beauty, and history whenever we hear its name. The Nile river rises south of the Equator and flows northward through northeastern Africa, ultimately draining into the Mediterranean Sea. A Nile River cruise is one of the best to explore Upper Egypt and get a unique peep into the country’s archaic aesthetics, according to Nile Cruisers. The Nile River has a massive significance on Egypt, and its impact reiterates even today. Nile River cruising means you can journey while soaking in the beautiful sights of Egyptian history that date back to 5000 years and also attain a perspective of rustic and rural Egypt. In addition, as most of Egypt’s ancient sites are perched across the Nile River, cruising enables tourists to sift through them quickly. A Nile River cruise is incredibly relaxing and gives people a first-hand experience of Egyptian life, but sans the chaotic roads, busy city streets, and persistent hawkers – aspects Egypt is all known for. Some famous sites you can expect to visit on your Nile river cruise include Karnak Temple, Temple of Hatshepsut, Abu Simbel, Luxor Temple, and much more.
- Rhine River Cruise – If you are on the hunt for a unique European experience, then a Rhine river Cruise is something you can consider. As the Rhine begins at the Rhinewaldhorn Glacier, high up in the Swiss Alps, blossoms into a mature river at Reichenau, and ultimately becomes navigable at Basel, traveling from one end to the other will take you through Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Germany, France, and the Netherlands. Some fun activities you can expect on a Rhine river cruise include wine tasting at the shores, getting a mesmerizing view of European castles, and indulging in an unwinding session like no other.
- Volga River Cruise – By opting to cruise along the Volga River, you get a chance to witness Russia’s majestic past and storied culture as you cruise between Moscow and St.Petersburg. The Volga is Europe’s longest river, and a Volga river cruise is about exploring Russia’s rich history dating back to the times of Peter the Great. Moreover, on a Volga River cruise, you will stop across the various cities reminiscent of Russia’s old empire and get a view of the country’s stunning landscape. A Volga River Cruise is emblematic of art, culture, and history.
- Yangtze River Cruise – Being one of the fascinating rivers in the world, a Yangtze river cruise will surely not disappoint anyone. A Yangtze River cruise is one of the best and most popular ways to discover China. It can slow your pace in this frantic world and help relax your mind. On a Yangtze River cruise, you may admire the scenic gorges from the comfort of your own deck chair or private balcony, and you’ll get a taste of authentic Chinese culture like no other.
- Danube River Cruise – The Danube river flows through many countries such as Germany, Slovakia, Hungary, and Romania, thereby making the river cruise a great exploratory option for all those seeking to quench their wanderlust. The Danube is one of Europe’s most loved river cruising experiences, framed by rolling hillsides, medieval castles, and lush vineyards. Wachau Valley wines and the interesting histories of Bratislava, Vienna, and Budapest await you on your Danube River trip. The cruise typically ends in Romania and most travelers choose to spend several days exploring the best things to do in Romania going from the famous Dracula Castle to the popular region of Transylvania or hiking in the Carpathian Mountains.
- Mekong River Cruise – In a classic cruise along the Mekong River, you will be able to experience fascinating aspects of Mekong culture and ways of life while enjoying the beautiful landscapes of the Mekong river basin. A Mekong river cruise enables tourists to attain a unique adventure, in absolute contrast to Cambodia’s tranquility and the bustle of Vietnam. You will get an opportunity to explore the rich countryside of Cambodia, shop in the vibrant Cai Be floating market, interact with the isolated silk-weaving community of Chong Koh, and visit the hilltop temple of Wat Hanchey on a Mekong river cruise.
- Sienna River Cruise – One of the best ways to experience the city of love – Paris – is to hop on a Sienna River Cruise. It is a sure-shot way to fill the bill of exploring Paris as a Sienna River cruise focuses on sightseeing, cultural interactions, and relaxation. Some things you can expect along a Sienna River Cruise are visiting the village of Giverny, the home and gardens of Claude Monet, and basking in the charming French harbor town of Honfleur. From cathedrals to churches to the famous Normandy beaches of World War II, a Sienne River Cruise is an all-encompassing experience that includes a tour of the most-loved sights in Paris.
So, there we have it, the world’s top seven most beautiful river cruises. A river cruise should be a substantial part of the checklist of every travel enthusiast as it is an experience, unlike anything. A river cruise is a luxury-laden voyage that enables tourists to be in touch with the pulse.