Your digital presence is one of the most valuable parts of your business. It’s how customers get their first impressions and learn more about your business. Your SEO, social media, and content all play a role in the success of your digital presence. This article will cover the most important SEO and social media tips to skyrocket your engagement and get people interested in your business.
Social media and SEO are connected.
First, social media is a way to share your content. That means backlinks, sharing, and engagements on social media can affect your SEO. Sharing your content across social media adds another traffic source to your website. People who haven’t even heard of your business might see a friend engaging with your content and decide to check it out for themselves.
Second, the content you share on social media affects the overall brand awareness of your audience. Post of individuals using your products or services increases brand awareness. For example, Gatorade posts all of its athletes on their social media, which allows for sharing, product promotion, and brand awareness all in one.
Let’s jump into the SEO tips.
Best practices for technical SEO
Starting an SEO project is like building a house from the ground up. You start with a plan and then pour the foundation. From there, you build the walls and apply the exterior. Lastly, you finish the interior with all its intricate details.
With SEO, you start by planning what you want your digital efforts to look like and what you want them to accomplish.
Technical SEO is the foundation of your SEO project.
Steps to optimize your technical SEO:
- SSL Certificates: An SSL certificate authenticates a site’s identity and ensures that the site is secured via an encrypted connection. The SSL certificate is located in the upper left corner of a webpage and is indicated by either an open or closed lock. You want your site to be secure and trustworthy, and Google to find that your site is secure in recommending it to other people.
- Clean URL structures: Always create URL structures to make your site organized. Then, when Google analyzes your site, it will improve your score to create URL structures that make sense and follow a pattern.
- Perform SEO audits to find broken links: Performing weekly or monthly SEO audits is something your business should consider. Sometimes links get broken, which has a significant effect on your SEO.
- Rewrite meta descriptions: Meta descriptions are short descriptions of your website that appear under your name in a search. They aren’t just crucial for potential readers, but Google too. Ensure that you include the most important keywords, make the description unique, and match the page’s content. By following these three suggestions, you will successfully optimize your meta descriptions.
- Use a variety of H1s, H2s, and H3s: Google sorts a page by its title tags. You should use various title tags to organize your content into sections to improve your SEO. This will also give your website a better chance to rank number one for any keyword.
- Use alt descriptions: Alt image descriptions are short written descriptions of an image that won’t make or break your SEO. However, they are essential to have, and you should take the time to complete them. Alt descriptions are another way for people with impaired vision to understand what’s happening in an image. In addition, Google sees a lack of alt descriptions as an unsecured website.
- Improve title tags: The most critical advice about title tags is their specificity. You want your title tag to include your brand’s name and use a value proposition that includes your most important keyword. The more specific you are, the better.
Write Quality Content
Writing quality content is the most apparent and essential advice you will get about SEO. The truth is that Google’s algorithm will find the best content to show users for any given keyword, but it is up to you to supply quality content. There are plenty of SEO strategies to avoid. Read this article on outdated SEO practices written by Digital Authority Partners a SEO company for more information.
Writing quality content always starts with keyword research. Find out which searches in your niche are getting the most traffic. From there, you can begin to build a content roadmap. Plan a few posts per keyword, and ensure the content is helpful, engaging, and valuable. Then you start to create and post that content.
After a few weeks, you’ll observe your content undergoing a snowball effect as the traffic you got from the second post builds on the traffic from the first. SEO optimization will take longer than a few weeks; the real secret to SEO is the consistent creation of high-quality content.
If you’re staying consistent, posting quality content, and you’ve optimized your technical SEO, then you’re ready for tip number three, which is all about optimization.
Titles, CTAs, and Social Sharing
At a certain point, you’ve completed the fundamentals, saw some results, and want to improve upon what you’ve already accomplished. You’ve started getting some traction and traffic and want it to have a significant and positive effect on your business.
How do you convert that traffic into actions, and how do you grow your traffic further?
Here is your miscellaneous section of SEO tips:
- Titles: The titles you use in your content matter. It’s the first set of words any potential reader sees. That means every word counts, and you have to figure out the best combination of words to get someone to click through. A general tip is to include numbers, specificity, and attention-grabbing data. A random challenge to a random fact always makes for a great headline. Additionally, make sure you have keywords in your titles and headers for the best results.
- CTAs: A call to action (CTA) is where you’ll turn your organic traffic into paying customers. The best piece of advice for CTAs is to be creative. You don’t want just to have a Shop Now button. Instead, try incorporating your brand into your CTA. For example, let’s say you have an online eCommerce brand that sells shovels. Instead of Shop Now, you could write You Dig This. The most important part is to make your CTA fun and creative.
- Social sharing: Promoting social sharing is a great way to inspire word-of-mouth marketing to current customers. Reward them for sharing your business on social media. Create a rewards system and offer everyone an affiliate link. Social sharing is one of the most underleveraged tactics of online word-of-mouth marketing. Creating incentives is the best way to encourage social sharing.
- Lastly, track results: Monitoring your SEO process is crucial to understanding where your business is, where it’s going, and the results you’ll see in the future. Not all of these tips have data you can track, but most do. Tracking your results and data is a way of getting you closer to the top of the page on Google. Data analytics is one of your sharpest tools for SEO. It’s how you stay on track. So make sure to use it.
You can improve your chances of success by falling the tips on SEO, social media, and content presented in this article. For further assistance, contact an SEO agency with the experience you need to help you succeed.