Below is a comprehensive list of the best bodybuilding foods that includes carbohydrates, protein vegetables, and fats that should be part of your grocery list.
Protein plays an essential role in our bodies. Hair and nails consist of protein. Our body uses protein to build tissues and also to repair them. A 2018 meta-analysis reviewed the effect of protein intake on our body.
Daily intake of protein is quite essential for the manufacturing of enzymes, hormones, and other necessary body chemicals in our system—the research conducted in 2018 on the consumption of a balanced amount of protein.
A muscle building grocery list must include foods rich in protein such as:
- Eggs: One egg contains 7-8g of protein. An egg is the most affordable source of protein. The egg can also be part of the muscle-building grocery list for children.
- Bison: 113 grams of Bison contains 17 grams of protein, which makes it a perfect source of protein.
- Greek Yogurt: 1 container of Greek yogurt contain 17 g of protein.
- Shrimp:100gshrimp contains 24g of protein.
- Turkey Breast: 100gTurkey breast contains 22g of protein.
- Beef: 100g of meat contains 26g of protein
Note that fats have more calories and are far denser than carbs and protein. They play an essential role in muscle building.
The addition of olive oil in your food or chewing nuts will add calories to your daily routine.
One tablespoon of oil consists of nearly 15g of fat. Journal of the international society of sports medicine studies show that regular intake of fats should be 0.25 to 0.5g. Following is the list of food, which will be an essential addition to your diet plan.
- Avocados:100g of avocados contain 15g of fats.
- Coconut Oil: 100g of coconut oils contains 100g of fats.
- Nuts:100g of nuts contains 54g of fats.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 100g of olive oil contains 100g of fats.
- Seeds: 100g of seeds contains 49g of fats.
- Fruits: Apple melons berries, and other fruits are a good source of carbohydrates. They are low in sugar, but some fruits are high in sugar. Other fruits like bananas, mangos, grapes, and also dried fruits should be part of your grocery list.
- Vegetables:Vegetables should be a part of the daily meal. Each vegetable consist of vitamins and minerals. Each herb contains a different amount of carbohydrate in them.
Other sources of carbohydrates are:
- Rice: 100g of rice contains 23g of carbs.
- Oatmeal: 100g of cereal contains 12g of carbs.
- Sweet Potatoes: 100g 0f sweet potato 20g of carbs.
- Quinoa:One cup of quinoa contains 32g of carbs.
- Whole Grain Bread: 100g of entire grain contains 43g of carbs.
If one wishes to increase its muscle mass, then the addition of calories should be enough in your grocery list. Lyle Mcdonald’s studies about calories show a sufficient amount of calorie intake.
If the number of calories increased, then an excess of it will be stored as fat in your body. Below is the muscle-building grocery list.
- Peanut Butter:100g of peanut butter contains 588 calories.
- Full Fat Milk: 100g of full-fat milk contain 60 calories.
- Banana:100g of banana contains 200 calories.
- Cheese:100g of cheese contains 402 calories.
- Red Meat: 100g of red meat contain 170-213 calories.
- Potato: 100g of potato contains 77 calories.
- Avocado:100g of avocado 160 calories.
- Oily Fish: 100 g of fatty fish contains 206 calories.
Condiments increase the flavor of our food and are also suitable for muscle building. They are an essential part of our diet plan. Sauces can play a crucial role in muscle building by making our food tastier and help us keep on track when on a diet.
Following is a list of condiments perfect for your health:
- Apple-Cider Vinegar: A study done in 2018 shows that apple cider vinegar is best for treating infections. One cup of apple cider contains 0% fats and 100% carbs.
- Balsamic Vinegar: Balsamic vinegar contains 14 calories.
- Herbs:Most herbs have five calories per teaspoon.
- Hot Sauce: Hot sauce contains 0mg of cholesterol and 0.5 calories.
- Spices: Various spices, pepper, etc. contain 11% of fats, 81% of carbs, and 8% of protein. A 2018 study shows that the daily need for protein is essential in four meals.
Model of a Meal Plan for Muscle Building
The above-given grocery list is perfect for muscle building and is also suitable for health. It is not essential to follow a below-given meal plan; one can make their diet plan.
- Protein shake, which is made with low-fat milk, is perfect for those who work-out in the morning. Protein shake should also include fruits and almonds to make it tastier and healthier.
Breakfast is the most important of all four meals. Breakfast should include a balanced diet. Below is a sample breakfast.
- Omelet with various vegetables like a tomato. A scrambled omelet is healthy too.
- Greek yogurt.
- Almonds or other dry fruits but in a balanced amount.
The snack before lunch should be light and healthy.
- Protein bars.
Include a protein-based diet at lunch. A study about protein shows the benefits of eggs in the food.
- Make a healthy sandwich using whole grain bread filled with chicken, egg, avocados, and sliced tomatoes for juicy textures.
- Healthy salads include green veggies like cucumber, lettuce, and olive oil for good taste.
- Fish, grilled chicken, or shrimp contain proteins and other nutrients.
- Sweet potatoes and brown rice.
Muscle building can be possible with exercise and a healthy diet. Balanced meals containing a fair amount of protein, calories, carbohydrates, and other nutrients will be perfect for muscle building. Use fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet for the best results.