To get a high-quality haircut in a new town, there are several things that determine your overall experience – best or worst.
- Your Barber’s Work Experience – If they’ve been cutting hair for long, then chances are that they’ll do a good job with your request.
- The Type of Tools Used – Tools form another vital piece of the puzzle. This list of the best hair clippers by WiseBarber shows how different tools affect the overall quality and experience for both the barber and you – the client.
- The Types of Hairstyling Products Used – It’s not just about quality but also about how well these products work with your hair type.
- Other Things – Including the type of barber chair, razor, shavers, blowers, cleaning items, waiting seats, entertainment, treats, and so on.
Now, it’s true that these things greatly affect your comfort and experience when getting a haircut. But the real test is usually finding a barbershop that has the finest of all the above; especially, when you’re in a new area.
That’s what this post is all about – giving you quick tips on how to find high-quality barber services near you. So, here’s what you can do.
1. Use Yelp’s Business Directory (www.yelp.com)
Yelp.com is easily the best business directory there is today. It has a very comprehensive list of businesses in most major cities including user reviews and ratings.
That means that you can use it to find the best barbershop in your location; plus, the reviews will help you paint a clearer picture of what to expect from any barbershop without stepping foot into it.
Yelp’s business directory can be accessed through its website and mobile apps. And the best part is that you don’t have to register for an account to view their directory, reviews, ratings as well as contact information and images of the businesses you’re interested in.
2. Use FOURSQUARE City Guide (www.foursquare.com)
If you are not a fan of Yelp or couldn’t find businesses in your location on their directory, FOURSQUARE City Guide (found at https://foursquare.com/city-guide) might be your second-best option.
It works just the same as Yelp; with similar features and perks. However, FOURSQUARE has a much bigger directory reaching even the most remote places on the World map.
3. Use Google’s Business Directory
Sometimes, all it takes is a simple Google Search. And much like other search engines, the Google Business Directory offers you essential bits of information including the shop’s location, website, phone number, schedules/availability, directions from your current location, ratings, and reviews for you to look at.
Despite having terrible graphics, a quick Google search is the fastest and most convenient way to find barbershops near you.
4. Read Online Posts on the Best Barbershops in Your Area
Yes. The internet is full of insightful articles on the best barbershops in just about any part of the world.
For example, this post from FASHIONBEANS talks about some of the best barbershops in different countries and famous cities.
5. Ask for Recommendations
Lastly, if all the above fail or you are just not so into online searches, you can opt for a more traditional approach – asking around. It’s easy, fast, and provides for more honest and real reviews about the best barbershops for you.
What’s more? You can get recommendations from family members, friends, neighbors, and colleagues at work.
And that’s a wrap. Using either of these five tips and tools can help you find a great barber near you. Once you do, a little bit of preparation will be the only thing standing between you and your haircut.