Choosing a diamond can be a difficult undertaking. It can be one of the most expensive purchases you will ever make, so it is important to be equipped with the facts when making the decision. Here are a few steps you should take…
Step 1 – Shape of the Diamond
Step 2 – Choose a Carat Weight
Of course, choosing the carat will depend entirely on your budget. The higher the carat of the diamond, the more it will cost. We can definitely say that a half carat stone will create a stunning ring for your recipient.
If You Are on a Budget…
After you have selected the highest quality diamond based on the shape and carat weight as laid out in steps 1 and 2, you can make concessions using the following tips.
- You can lower the clarity of the diamond. It is possible to go as low as VS2 and this will allow you to make concessions in other aspects of the diamond.
- You may wish to change the color of the diamond.
- Take a look at whether compromises can be made in terms of cut.
- You may wish to shave a little bit off the carat. As a rule of thumb, a carat weight difference of 10% or less will be almost impossible to tell from the naked eye.
- Check out https://www.wikihow.com/Buy-Cheap-Diamonds for more tips.
Once you have done this and the diamond is still outwith your budget, you could consider dropping the clarity to SI2. If your chosen diamond has a great cut and is under 1.5 carats (find out more about carats here), an L-M color will be ideal if you decide to set it in yellow gold. If you are prioritising size over any other aspect, you can consider a rougher cut. If after all that you still can’t choose a diamond within your chosen budget, you will either have to increase your budget or revise your carat size.
Step 3 – Make the Purchase
Once you have selected your diamond, you can go ahead with confidence that you are making the right choice.
If you are looking for a website to purchase a diamond on, we would recommend https://tingdiamond.com/.