If you are reading this, wearing braces to correct your teeth have probably crossed your mind at this point. Or maybe you already decided that you want to start an orthodontic treatment to eliminate the possibility of suffering from cavities and similar problems.
Teeth are one of the most important part of our look, then there is no great look without a great smile. And yet, if you’re interested in taking the “makeover” to the next level with your Braces, that means you’ve noticed how orthodontic patients end up with a prominent chin, thick lips or a more upturned nose.
Clinics such as Family Braces have revealed that changing the shape and position of our skull bones and jaw as well as the teeth determines the facial structures and aspects as definitive as beauty.
On the other hand, thanks to the technological advance and the regional trends, in Calgary, Alberta (Canada) a community of orthodontists of high prestige and affordable price has come together to popularized new practices in the smile-alignment area; and we’re here to tell you all about it.
Improving your personal image by using Braces
Smile specialists and members of the American Association of Orthodontist, affirm that it is possible to make profound changes in the structures that lie beneath our soft facial tissues; and in this way obtain a higher and harmonious attractiveness without resorting to invasive operations, fillers and other aesthetic alternatives.
Of course, before going into action, the first thing is to have a correct study and diagnosis of your case to see the limits of the facial structures and see where the obstacle of the particular case lies.
To ensure results, The Daily Excelsior recommend you to rely only on experienced Orthodontist since dentists don’t have the same level of training as a staff with a 3-year postgraduate degree and years in practice.
The main points to be dealt with in orthodontics – and the major ones responsible for improving the image of all patience considerably – can be found in:
- The position of the upper and lower teeth
- The relationship between the upper and lower jaw
- The breadth and width of the palate
- The shape of the upper and lower jaw
- The symmetry and balance of the jaws.
Once the problem is diagnosed, if it is one of those listed above, it is time to choose a particular orthodontic technique:
- Invisalign. Invisalign Calgary, a system of transparent and removable aligners.
- Hidden Braces. Also known as lingual brackets, located on the inner side of the teeth.
- Clear Braces. Brackets with ligament and translucent porcelain.
- Metallic Braces. They are currently equipped with self-aligning components.
That brings us to the next point.
“What braces suit me the best?”
1. Invisalign: Qualified as “the futuristic technique”, Invisalign -recommended if you want your treatment to go unnoticed and feel full of confidence at the same time- allows you to enjoy a piece made to your size knowing what the result will look like thanks to the 3D study that is carried out before creating them. Besides, the aligners are renewed every few weeks.
2. Hidden Braces: An orthodontist that prides itself on being one, applies in its clinic a type of Hidden Braces that has two main advantages:
- They are the only braces 100% invisible in the eyes of others.
- They carry a heavy technological burden.
Braces are normally manufactured with a personalized design for each patient, so they end up being smaller than any other Braces, being more comfortable and stimulating a faster adaptation.
3. Clear Braces: If metal braces are not meant for you, and instead you prefer a more discreet approach within your budget, clear orthodontics are the way to go. In this case, the braces become transparent showing the natural color of your teeth.
4. Metal Braces: Although like other options, these allow correcting any malocclusion (crowding, separation, overbite, open bite, crossbite) with the cost of being unsightly for some, its main advantage is the price.