We all know how expensive divorce can be. The divorce industry brings in a whopping $50 billion a year, according to a divorce documentary called Divorce Corp. That’s a huge amount of money. It just shows how expensive divorce can be. Did you know that on average divorce can cost up to $15,000 per person? This is especially true if a couple takes their divorce to trial. So with annulments leaving couples broke, is there another way to get a divorce, that could save you money?
The answer is yes! There is a way to save money whilst getting a divorce. The best way to save money during your annulment is to use an online divorce service. Using an online divorce service is really cheap, convenient and fast.
How can using an online divorce company save you money? Keep reading to find out!
1) There are No Lawyers
If you choose to use an online service, you won’t need to pay lawyers. Lawyers’ fees can accumulate quickly. With a traditional divorce, you would pay a lawyer for every hour of their time. Lawyers might also charge you call-out fees, and fees to send emails or make calls. On average, a lawyer can charge anything between $150 and $500. Even if you see your lawyer for 10 minutes, they will still charge you for their time. The great thing about using an online divorce service is that you won’t need to use a lawyer unless you really have to. Online divorces are uncontested, which means that you and your spouse agree on how to split your assets and debts. You also agree on things like child custody, and maintenance. Because of your annulment being uncontested, you won’t need to use a lawyer.
2) You Can Get Your Divorce Papers Online
By using an online service, you will be able to get your divorce papers online. The online company will send your papers through to you within 24 hours. After you complete an online questionnaire, they will send you the correct documents, which are up to date and 100% court-approved. Sending you your divorce documents is part of their fee structure, so there will be no unwanted surprises with extra costs. This will really save you money.
3) It’s Much Cheaper
As mentioned above, the cost of a traditional divorce can be extremely expensive. Did you know that online divorce services are cheap? At most, you will pay a maximum of $500 for the entire process, for you and your spouse. On average an online divorce can cost you between $139 and $500. Online Divorce.com is a great company that offers cheap divorce. There are also no hidden fees, and most online divorce services offer a flat fee for both spouses.
4) They Offer Great Customer Support
When it comes to getting a divorce, you might have many questions. For example, you might be unsure of how to fill out certain documents, or what paperwork you will need to collect for your annulment to be finalized. If you have questions with a traditional divorce, you would need to meet with your lawyer and they would charge you for their time. With an online divorce service, you can ask Customer Support a question at any time, and they will gladly help you. Customer Support is included in the fees, so there are no extra costs. If you have something very serious that you would like to discuss, most online services offer lawyers to give you advice at an extra cost. The cost will be discussed with you first. This is really a wonderful way to save money.
5) You Can End Your Marriage From the Comfort of Your Own Home
Another way in which you can save money is, that by using an online service, you won’t need to leave your house. You can file for divorce whilst sitting at home. You won’t need to take time off work to see a lawyer or hire a sitter for your kids. This might seem like a small amount of savings, but every cent helps. Hiring sitters once a week, or taking time off work weekly, can really add up to the costs incurred by your divorce.
What are the Pros of Using an Online Divorce Service?
There are many positives to using an online divorce service. Besides saving a lot of money, here are some other pros to look forward too.
- Fast: By using an online service, you will be able to get your documents within 24 – 48 hours. Traditional divorce can take longer because you are not your lawyer’s only client.
- Great Customer service: If you have any issues, you can call, or send an email, and you will be helped. They will offer help throughout the entire process.
- Convenient: You won’t need to leave your home to file for a divorce.
- Cheap: As mentioned above, you can really save money by using an online divorce service.
What are the Cons of Using an Online Divorce Service?
- Beware of scammers: Although very few, be careful not to choose a company that has not been around for a long time. They could be scammers. Choose a reputable company that has been in the business for many years.
- Online divorce can not be used for a contested divorce: If you and your spouse can’t agree on the terms and conditions of your divorce, you will not be able to use an online divorce service; they can only be used for an uncontested divorce.
As you can see, an online divorce company can really save you money. Instead of spending thousands of dollars in your divorce, you can spend just a few hundred dollars. The internet has really made life so much simpler in the world of divorce.